Efficient and effective auditors have adopted the use of automation technology to manage internal audit checklists. Automation saves time and creates more accuracy when generating and completing workpapers, performing testing, and pulling content from a workpaper library or repository. Strong automation platforms customize data entry points based on the type of workpaper an auditor needs to generate. The Onspring internal audit solution includes all of these components, providing a foundation for teams to jump right into the platform and start completing their audit work.
The structure is pretty simple.
Audit Checklist Library
Execute standard steps in your internal audit process that may need to be repeated across multiple assessments or checklists. It’s typically very simple with data points focused on the areas to be assessed, steps to follow, or questions to answer.
Quickly deploy items from the Audit Checklist Library. Multiple groupings can be applied at once, allowing your end-users to create custom assessments or checklists, depending on the need.
Store individual library components, or even ad-hoc items that haven’t or shouldn’t be stored in the library. The structure varies but typically includes:
- Areas to be assessed
- An assessment value such as pass/fail, yes/no, compliant/not compliant
- Assigned and/or actual assessor
- Date of assessment
Present checklists to end-users for completion. It auto-calculates a completion percentage, correct/pass/compliance percentage, and an overall completion date. It’s often related to other elements of your enterprise, such as projects, locations, processes, regulations, and more.
Although simple in structure, the power of the Onspring platform really shines here, including benefits of:
- Linkages to other components or solutions in the platform
- Auto-creation of schedules and timelines to complete checklist assessments
- Dividing responsibility and access among your team members, but having roll-up reporting for overall completion across your team or compliance across your various areas
- Providing your team a dashboard of upcoming items based upon their assignments and schedules
- Analytics for overall pass rate or areas of concern across multiple checklist assessments, connected components, and more
The Audit Checklist solution is not only straightforward and easy but also powerful. We’re hearing sentiments of relief from clients who need it.