Video Transcript: Audit Software Demo
Welcome to Onspring! I’m Jason Rohlf, VP of Solutions. Today, I’m excited to show you a modern solution for internal audit teams of all sizes. Onspring helps you stay organized, work efficiently, adhere to the IIA standards and focus on what matters.
In this brief demo, you’ll see:
- How cloud-based software can help you improve visibility and enforce data integrity
- How you can eliminate distractions for your team by giving them a personalized “command center” for their audit work
- How you can engage business owners and track audit findings to resolution
- And how you can report clearly, accurately and instantly in multiple formats
If this short video captures your attention, I invite you to take a closer look. Connect with us at Onspring.com, and we’ll be happy to provide a personal demo of our Audit & Assurance solution. But for now, let’s jump into Onspring.
A few things you should know:
- Onspring is a no-code platform for process automation, workflow, collaboration and reporting. That means it’s fully configurable with no custom code.
- Our solutions adapt to your needs. Because Onspring is flexible, you can modify any data element through a drag-and-drop interface. With Onspring, you’re in control.
Onspring is designed for teams of all sizes, whether you have 5 users or 5,000. Each user can log in to see their individual tasks and action items, while management gets the big-picture view they need.
As you can see, Onspring provides an intuitive user interface for defining audit plans and auditable entities, which can be processes, locations, applications and a variety of other elements. You can set up your audit universe in the way that makes the most sense for your organization.
The elements of your audit universe serve as the foundation for your periodic and ongoing risk assessment activities. These assessments help you plan and prioritize your audit work. Scoring and risk ratings can easily be aligned to conform with your department’s methodology. Assessment results are rolled up so you can see the current risk rating and the trend based on previous assessments.
Now let’s dive into an audit project. This record captures a variety of data points, including the project type, manager, overview, scope and objectives. As we scroll down, you’ll see that this project relates to a an audit plan, which is also documented in Onspring. And here, each project can target an auditable entity, process and risk. The project’s average risk score and risk rating are driven by these targeted elements and are available at a glance.
As we scroll down the page, we can:
- Assign staff and tasks and manage audit staffing and budgets
- Define and manage project milestones
- Leverage pre-defined audit programs
- And track workpapers, requests for information and review notes.
All of the project elements you see are fully configurable to your needs. For example, if you don’t track time at a granular level, you can remove that section altogether.
Now, let’s look at audit findings within Onspring. Notice that we can define the owner who is responsible for resolving the issue. Scrolling down to the Response section, the owner can document a simple response or a detailed mitigation plan. And finally, we can track the results and send automated reminders to issue owners and their managers so findings stay on their radar. This is crucial for holding the business owners accountable for mitigating their assigned issues.
So what about your audit staff—the individuals who perform day-to-day project work? Onspring keeps these users focused with personalized dashboards so there are no distractions. This helps instill discipline in your audit process.
Let’s take a look at My IA Work Queue. As you’ll see, this dashboard only presents content that’s assigned to me, including:
- My open workpapers
- My workpapers awaiting review
- Review notes that are open or awaiting clearance
- My projects by status
- And any open findings where I’m responsible for monitoring status
The last item I want to show you today is our reporting capability within Onspring. We offer two flavors of reporting:
- Real-time reports that you can view in Onspring from your computer, tablet or smartphone
- And dynamic documents that you can generate in Word or PDF format. These documents can include content from multiple Onspring apps, including Auditable Entities, Risks, Projects, Workpapers, Findings and more.
If you’d like to see more, we’d be happy to show you. Visit Onspring.com and click the Demo button to connect with us.
Thanks for your time, and please reach out with any questions.